Monday, May 14, 2012


These illustrations show a relationship between a man and a woman.  Many people often say that if a couple is in the same destiny, they are tied with a red string. Also, some people say that love is the greatest thing in the world and people cannot live without love. I think the love between men and woman and the love between family are different kinds of loves.  The love between family gives everything to each other with no reasons, but the love between men and woman usually wants to be loved more from the person whom they love. That is why people sometimes give hurts to each other even though they are in love.  The needles represents their hurts.  I wanted to express my thought about love with the idea of the red string through a marionette couple. 






I used reddish orange color for the Marionette girl to express feminine.  Also, I colored blue on the marionette boy because I thought the most typical color of a man or a boy is blue.  I used bright green color for the strings that connected to Marionettes bodies instead of using red color.  The reason I used green for the strings was I already used reddish color on the girl; I didn't want to repeat similar tones because it would be bored.  I also used the same green string for the both pieces to give connection between these two marionette works.

No comments:

Post a Comment